Backing up Share/Secret information to rehost the share again?

So, I create a read only share.

I save the "secret" to a file where I can look it up later...

My computer crashes.

I want to rehost the same share - with the same secret so all my family members don't have to re-enter the secret (because many aren't technical and can't). If I put in the same secret I saved earlier, I'll just be read only to the share!

Is there a way to preserve this information so I could rehost this share/secret?

Thanks,

Russell

Is there a way to preserve this information so I could rehost this share/secret?

Hmmm... well, you don't say which operating system you're on, but if it's Windows, you can simply backup your "%AppData%/Roaming/BitTorrent Sync" folder. If you then have to re-install your OS for whatever reason, you can do a fresh install of BitTorrent Sync, then copy back your previous backed-up "%AppData%/Roaming/BitTorrent Sync" folder, start BitTorrent Sync, and all the folders you were syncing should be right back there in Sync!

(The above assumes that the folders themselves that you were previously syncing are still present and in tact - as a fail safe, you could also backup the individual .SyncID files in each folder you're syncing, and restore these as necessary)