Error: Selected folder is already added to BitTorrent Sync

btwalker

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm, this bug and problem still exist on 1.4.93 beta to!

All of peers PC are updated with the new 1.4.93 beta version. Android to, the newest version.

I have synced a camera folder from my Samsung Note Pro 3 android, betwen linux and windows, and then, i have deleted the sync of this folder one time on windows machine, and now, on windows machine, i can't add this folder on sync, it say that exist on the sync, but, is not there. This is a big bug, and developers seems not be worryed of this bug.

On android and on linux is showing that there are 2 peers, the windows machine to, but, on the windows machine, there is not this folder on the sync list, and i can't add this folder.

And the problem is, that the images from my android phone are not done to sync, and will not be done on all other machine, like, linux, for example, because, this problem.

Maybe should we use the new, Open Source Sync software: Syncthing (or newly, Pulse, on www.ind.ie), there are the bugs constantly repaired, if someone detect bug.

Thanks.

Just to confirm, this bug and problem still exist on 1.4.93 beta to!

This is a big bug, and developers seems not be worryed of this bug.

Maybe should we use the new, Open Source Sync software: Syncthing (or newly, Pulse, on www.ind.ie), there are the bugs constantly repaired, if someone detect bug.

I've been using SyncThing for months and it's great. And it's open-source. They won't even release the protocol for btsync. That makes it suspicious. In today's world of government surveillance, back doors, and huge security issues on a nearly monthly basis, it's just not smart to use black-box software to sync your most sensitive information.

Even if the btsync developers do have our best interests at heart (which they clearly don't if they won't release the protocol), they can still make mistakes nobody will catch, and it only makes it worse and more suspicious in a closed-source project.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

We know why this message pops up in the log, and eventually will fix it. It should not bring any functional or usability issues to your BTSync, so just ignore it for now.

I would love to ignore it - but since the "already added error" appeared my server stopped syncing.

Is there any chance to get btsync working again under Linux?

• 2 months later...
Guest glombus

I saw this same issue today on ARM with version 2.0.85

The offending folder was named "Drop".  This is what I did in the hopes of getting rid of the error.

1. killall -9 btsync

2 commented out the offending folder from my sync.conf file

3. restarted btsync as usual

Unfortunately, now I'm seeing a few errors like "Can't open file /home/will/BTSync/Drop/.sync/IgnoreList" in the log

It seems like btsync is still trying to reference that folder even thought it's commented out of the config.

I killed btsync again and totally deleted the entry from my .conf file.  I restarted btsync again as usual and saw the same error about the IgnoreList.  It's trying to reference a share no longer in my config.

I looked at sync.dat manually and indeed an entry for my deleted share is still there even though the entry was deleted from the config.

path22:    /home/will/BTSync/Drop3:keyd6

I'm hesitant to hack at sync.dat manually, but I'm guessing that's the only way to actually get my sync setup to forget about that share.