Incomplete syncing

pkaplan

I setup btsync a few weeks ago and had had several folders syncing between a Win7 box and a Linux plug computer. One folder (C:\<user>\My Documents, which is seen by btsync as C:\<user>\Documents) originally had 6225 files. I noticed recently that the folder on the Win box has grown to 6280 files thru normal use (as reported by the Win properties dialog, but the btsync client on the Win box continues to show only 6225 files in the folder. Also, the btsync client on the plug computer shows only 6223 files and even though it shows some remaining download in the status field, there is 0 upload activity.

Why won't btsync complete the syncing and why don't the newer files get added?

Paul

I've noticed this. If I were smarter I'd have started debug logging sooner. Will submit it once it's done.

Only seems to be the latest version. It behaves as if it's simply finished syncing. When BTSync is restarted, the sync restarts perfectly.

This is for about 330GB in 204k files.

Windows 7 box w/ 12GB RAM syncing between an Android device, a Ubuntu 12.10 server and a CentOS 6.4 server. The latter two with 512MB of RAM and for reasons not even really known by me, all x64 (Really don't know why I set it for the two Linux boxes)

I have a similar problem I thought was restricted to read-only shares, but now I'm not sure - I have monster shares of many GB so it takes a long long time to fully index and then sync. Can you clarify what you said above, "When BTSync is restarted, the sync restarts perfectly." Do you mean, you simply quit the program at the node with the trouble, then started it up again and it behaved correctly? Or did you mean you had to re-initialize the entire sync at both ends?

Do you mean, you simply quit the program at the node with the trouble, then started it up again and it behaved correctly?

This.

Exit the program or kill the task, re-start the program on the Windows box only (Ubuntu and CentOS boxes are fine) and it works for anything up to another few hours without a hitch.

Not sure if it may be going on for 1 or 2 of you, but make sure that all your BTSync apps (across all devices) are running 1.1.x .

Per the 1.1.15 announcement, , the 1.0.x and 1.1.x don't fully function which was giving me some problems that sound a bit like some of these. The newest binaries are found at: http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.1.15/