How to convert a Full sync computer to Read-only sync?

How can I convert a computer in one of the swarms from Full sync to read-only sync? (The computer is running Linux and using the linux btsync). I can't change the secret to a read-only secret.

What's the proper way about going about this? I don't want to have to redownload everything.

I can't change the secret to a read-only secret.

You should be able to - it's only when a folder already has a read-only secret that the only way to change it is to remove the folder from Sync and re-add it again with the new secret. But if it has a full-access secret, you should be able to just change the secret at any time

• 1 month later...

This "seems" to not working here on 1.1.48 on linux.

What I do:

I log to the Webinterface, go to the full-access secret in the "advanced"-tab (via the gear-wheel) and change it to the read-only secret I copied from my Windows-PC (which is the same read only secret as shown in the advanced-tab on the webinterface) and pressed NEW, or just OK.

After a click on OK and a while, sometimes a message like "cannot show advanced tab for read-only secrets" comes up, sometimes the folder preferences window just close.

When I open the folder preferences again, I read the same secrets as before. nothing seems to have changed. I'd expected to read the read-only secret where I read the full-access secret before.

I repeated the steps a few times, with no luck.

Any ideas?