Syncing issue witn non saved files...

I have run into an issue. If one node creates a new file, saves it, but keeps the file open, BTSync sees it and syncs just the name with a ~$ prefix on the filename. The file size is only 1k. Apparently when the file is closed, it will transfer completely.

The issue is that if another node gets to the ~$filename stage and then shuts down or stops syncing, the next time that node syncs up I am ending up wit the ~$filename file of $1k and the filename of the entire file (say 200k).

Is this normal or is something afoot?

I have run into an issue. If one node creates a new file, saves it, but keeps the file open, BTSync sees it and syncs just the name with a ~$ prefix on the filename. The file size is only 1k. Apparently when the file is closed, it will transfer completely.

Use .SyncIgnore to exclude files with a ~$ prefix and prevent them syncing

I get them when editing or even just having a file open. Happens with *.pdf files as well. I have not noticed any other file types.

would adding this to SyncIgnore still be the solution? Anyway to update another computer (e.g. non computer literate persons computer) without having direct access to it?

I added ~* to SyncIgnore on all folders on all computers except one. That user has a tendency to leave files open for long periods of time. When they save and close, it overwrites others work. Having the ~filename show up is an indication that we may have an issue. That person is currently in training.