Forum inaccessible from Romania? ;-)

tuxpoldo

Fascinating. After my marriage on August 16, I'm spending my honeymoon in the wonderful city Timisoara in Romania.

Beside of the really wonderful historic cities, Romania has another great value point for people like us: everywhere you are, you have free high speed internet. Unfortunately it seems that this great infrastructure is also used by black hats for malicious purposes and for that reason many web sites and services block Romanian IPs.

Also this forum seems to block Romanian IP addresses. When I try to connect directly via the hotel LAN, all I get is this:

post-25162-0-62181000-1377084597_thumb.p

As soon as I connect via VPN to my servers in Frankfurt and access the forum with a german IP, everything works fine...

GRMBL GRMBL.... Now I have to install and configure OpenVPN also on my iPad, since only my notebook in the room is currently able to setup a VPN connection, but I want to read and write in this forum with the iPad laying at the pool ;-)