Sync between two USB Drives on Same PC

MALAMB20

This is easy. Make new user. Login. Run BTSync. You have 2 BTSyncs running in separate processes, now you can emulate syncing of 2 hosts.

Just checked it worked very well on Windows 7.

Can confim this as well.

The other option is if your computer is beefy enough, run a small virtual machine. Attach one drive to the VM and one to the real machine.

I use it this way because I normally have a VM up anyway. Obviously this isn't a solution for everyone, just an option.

This is easy. Make new user. Login. Run BTSync. You have 2 BTSyncs running in separate processes, now you can emulate syncing of 2 hosts.

Just checked it worked very well on Windows 7.

Great thanks, just what I'm after. One of the advantages of this tool is that you (should) be able to do all of your synching, and so this is a good solution - Thanks ! :)

Can confim this as well.

The other option is if your computer is beefy enough, run a small virtual machine. Attach one drive to the VM and one to the real machine.

I use it this way because I normally have a VM up anyway. Obviously this isn't a solution for everyone, just an option.

An even better improvement, I do have a VM running anyway, just didn't make the link ! Thanks, Danny ! :)

I know if I 'remote desktop' into a server as 'session1' (remote desktop rather than from the console / main screen), bts has been known to create some little oddities within the syncs. For sometime I was setting up bts on RDP but those changes didn't follow through to the console unless I shutdown / restarted bts.

If your scenario is a master / slave USB set up, robocopy with the /mir switch as a scheduled task would be the best way to go. If your bothered by seeing a command screen appearing, you can create an account for it to run the task under, then you don't see it running.

If you can't make the task without adding a password, and you don't want to add a password, go..

gpedit.msc

expand..

computer configuration, windows settings, security settings, local policies, security options.

disable - accounts: limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only