How to find the listening port of an android btsync installation?

Raccoon

My PC and phone are using Wifi from the same router. So i would like to sync with it locally.

I would like to add it's internal IP (192.168.1.*) to the predefined hosts on the PC.

Well i can easily obtain the listening port on the PC install of btsync, but there is no such option on the android app?

so.

1. How do we find the listening port of an anrdoid install

2. since the router often gives different IP to the phone everytime he connects to the router, is there a smart way around that. For example setting a range in the predefined hosts?

Basically the phone gets 192.1681.100-255

1. Some routers report opened ports with UPnP/NAT and the respective IP address they are used with in your LAN one some info page. Another option is programs that will get the port mappings from a router, e.g. http://sourceforge.net/projects/upnp-portmapper/.

2. The magic word to make it so the same IP is used is 'static lease'. I have OpenWRT running on my router and set up all my devices to obtain always the same IP address. The devices are recognised by their MAC addresses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...