Use sync in iOS App?

ttm

From what I see in the docs, the API is only for computers, not for mobile devices, so, I don't think I can use it for my purposes. Anyway, how can I make use of the btsync protocol in my own iOS app? I would like to do similar things to what the btsync iOS app does, but focused on an specific set of files and hiding much of the functionality to the user.

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe it's possible at the moment. I've been searching for solutions since I first heard of BTSync, and the new API doesn't seem to add anything beneficial for iOS/Android developers.

This is why I wish projects like this were open source.. there'd probably already be mobile frameworks developed in that case.

I'd personally really like to see btsync be available in this fashion. E.g. to provide access to my book collection via the excellent Marvin Reader on iOS in a similar way content on iCloud is handled in iBooks.

There are so many interesting uses for mobile, I would even happily pay a reasonable monthly sum to sustain development provided this all be open sourced and documented. I strongly believe that btsync has huge potential to replace services like iCloud and Dropbox provided we can deliver this kind of integration on all platforms.