Troubles With Sync, With A Netword Harddrive Via Win & Mac

zbigb69

Hello,

i've a folder sync between a local folder on a mac, and a network folder via windows, mount as a local folder.

When both computer are wake up, everything's ok.

But when both computer are shut down, or just mac, i can still have acces on my network folder with others computers (computers without btsync, but i can still add or delete files on the network folder, sync on the pc).

When i restart my pc, bitorrent sync check the folder, and find that evertyhing is ok. All changes on the network folder aren't synchronize with mac folder. If a change new things with both computer open, new changes are sync, but not changes done before.

Is there a reason for this ?

thank you

post-33254-0-51133000-1390334884_thumb.j

Hi bildebool,

BTSync compares sync'ed directory trees upon startup and every folder_rescan_interval (which is 10 minutes by default), so it should sync your folders after startup.

Does UI (devices tab) shows you that there are some data to upload and download on both machines?

For full issue analysis I'd like to get debug logs for both computers as well as couple of filenames that were not synced when you collected logs.

Thanks!

After startup, sync starts. But it doesn't find changes that i have done on the network hard drive with another network computer.

For exemple, if both the pc and the mac are shut down, or just the pc, if with another computer, i change or delete some files on the network drive, bittorent sync doesn't see any changes after startup. It's sounds like it cannot see the change because it was asleep.

If files changes after startup, everything's ok.

I don"t realy know how to explain. It's like bittorent sync will work only if it's start up on the machine where i do changes.

Like if i take a sync usb drive, put on another computer without btsync, delete some files, mount on the good computer with bittorent sync, and then bittorent sync says "ok changes you've done on the other computer will not be sync here"

The UI tells everything is sync, and only show new changes done after.

Il will turn on debug mode and see what happen.

thank you.

After startup, sync starts. But it doesn't find changes that i have done on the network hard drive with another network computer.

This is something I find really strange. BTSync has 2 mechanisms of delivering changes to the peers:

1. Getting notifications from OS that something has changed. This technology highly depends on capabilities of OS and in some cases (for example - network shares over SMB) might be not that reliable.

2. As #1 might be not reliable - once in a period (10 minutes by default) BTSync rescans all sync folders for changes. BTSync does the same when it starts.

Strange thing here is that in your case rescan did not found the difference. To debug it - i'll need logs form both machines (note, that you need to have that sort of "unsyncing" file when collecting logs) as well as file name of the non-syncing file.