Btsync Replacement For Sugarsync And Wuala.

Thorvald

Hi.

For some time I have used SugarSync to keep some files syncronized with a few other users. But I am looking to find a alternative to these solutions like SugarSync and Wuala (I have been considering Wuala as replacement for SugarSync, since SugarSync is going to be paid).

What I liked very much with Sugarsync and Wuala, is that you don't need to install a "Dropbox" folder - but you can choose among your existing files and folders (in Wuala only on folder level), to syncronize - within your existing file and folder structure. This I want. I also like the princip in Wuala of making groups, for each 2-way syncronizing job. This feature I like too. 2-way syncronizing between two different users, must be as easy as possible to set up.

Does BTSync have these features??

Is BTSync free??

Do you need a BTSync server and a BTSync Client installation?

Best regards, Thorvald.

Hi Thorvald,

- BTSync is designed to sync your existing files without copying them to some special folder. You can add the folder and all the content will be synced with conforming directory tree.

- BTSync does not support users and user groups, however it supports 2 level of access to data you sharing: read-write and read-only. So, some of peers you are syncing data with can get a read-only key from you and will not be able to affect data on other peers.

- BTSync is free.

- BTSync uses external Bittorrent tracker server for peers visibility and relay server for data exchange in cases where direct connection is not possible. If direct connection is possible, the data flows directly between peers.

- You need to install client on all peers that have folders to be synced.

• 8 months later...