Is It Better To Have The "source" Be The Nas Or The Device?

heehee62

I installed btsync on my mybooklive NAS.  I don't want it to cause my NAS to always be thinking.

I'm using a full access secret between  my laptop folder and NAS. 

Does is make any difference in terms of how often my NAS will be "thinking" if I have my NAS be the  "source" instead of the laptop folder?  I see I can set rescan interval preference on my laptop but I can't with my mybooklive NAS.

Thanks.

I haven't used a WD My Book Live but a few obvious points to me:

• Running BTSync from your laptop will consume gobs of network activity as files are indexed.
  • Running BTSync from your My Book Live means you can sync to/from your NAS when your laptop is off but the NAS is on.

heehee62,

After adding a folder to BTSync and initial scan (=hashing all the data) BTSync is not going to consume lots of CPU power and it does not depend would it be on NAS or on Laptop.

Also, on NAS (=Linux-based OS) you can configure your BTSync via config file instead of WebUI - this will give you an ability to set advanced preferences, like folder rescan interval.