It Looks Like Btsync 1.3.67 For Freebsd Crashes Periodically

hungarianhc

Was surprised on my MacBook to see that my FreeNAS box wasn't listed... I went into the FreeNAS jail, and the jail is still up, but when I go to my IP-ADDRESS:8888 for BTSync, nothing... 

I killed the jail, rebooted, and then fired up BTSync... We're alive again.

Let me know if there are some log dumps I can post... or if there's an easy way to enable more granular logs. Happy to help! Loving the software... Just would like it to properly support iWork files on iOS devices :-)

hungarianhc,

We've just released 1.3.77, which contains a bunch of fixes - including crashes. I'd advise to try it first. If it does not help - I'll assist you in collecting dumps.

Thanks! I'll upgrade my FreeNAS box tonight, and I'll report back. I see 1.3.77 for Mac on the website, but when I try to update through the app, it says I have the most recent version. Does it just take time to propagate? Or is this an issue? 

I'm seeing the same issue on my FreeNAS box, running the latest client 1.3.77 (x64) for FreeBSD. It doesn't appear the the client is actually crashing; rather, after ~10 minutes of heavy data transfer its CPU usage (as indicated by 'top') goes to 99-100% for its main thread. After that point, the client web address can no longer be reached until the jail or service is restarted. Would be glad to provide further information to help debug as the client is currently unusable.

hungarianhc,

We did not publish 1.3.77 to the auto-update yet. So just reinstall it manually.

Chewie198,

Could you please:

1) enable debug logging and drop me a debug log

2) make a core dump of btsync process once it stops responding for webUI and consumes 100% CPU.

I have a core dump of the process and I enabled debug logging by creating debug.txt with contents of 'FFFF' in the storage folder; however, I do not see any indication that debug logging was enabled nor anything useful in sync.log. I can include it regardless.

How can I get these files to you? I'd prefer to send them to you directly, but I cannot access the private messenger nor can I find a contact link on your profile. Thanks.