Bit Synch "stuck" On Specific Folder

palampam

hello, I want to synch username\documents\my games\ between my laptop and my desktop (win7/win7)

other folder seems to work fine, but that specific folder doesn't

it stays "stuck" like ↑ 60.6 Mo, ↓ 59.1 Mo but the history says "Finished syncing with Desktop"

any ideas?

thanks

It's most likely that there are files within the folder that are currently open/locked/in use by other application, and therefore cannot be accessed by Sync.

In these instances, the Sync interface will indicate the amount of data waiting to be uploaded/downloaded, but this won't be transferred until Sync can access the files in question.

Make sure you close any applications that are currently using/accessing files within your folder, and Sync should resume.

TIP: If you're running Sync 1.3, you'll see a black "i" icon in the Devices tab alongside the folder that hasn't finished syncing. Clicking this will show you exactly which files are still to be synced.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a problem with this, even in 1.3.89: it shows many GB of "unsynced" files (identical already, anyway) but does not transfer anything. All this was working well in pre 1.3. Does it resync als the ressource forks now and fails with prehistoric files? Seems to be stuck all the time on several macs.

@visnumber,

Well, it might happen that xattrs are indeed not synced, but I really doubt that they are these GBs of non-synced files. I suggest there is some other reason.

1. Check that your firewall is not blocking BTSync. The most simple way to check it - disable a FW.

2. Make sure you have enough space on receiving peer.

3. Not sure about OSes in your setup (only macs?) - make sure that BTSync has enough permissions.

Does sync queue shows anything except xattrs? If all the above does not help to find solution - please provide me logs to take a look what is happening.