Scanning Qr Doesn't Work On Nexus 7 And 5

tehabe

I tried to connect my Nexus 5 and 7 with a folder on my Computer but the scan doesn't work also my workaround with an external application does no longer work.

The bug with the Nexus 7 is old, but it is not fixed. Any idea why this is?

It is pretty annoying and makes it very hard to correctly sync my folder with my devices.

It basically says scanning but it doesn't recognise the QR code.

tehabe,

if the QR code can't be scanned with 3rd party applications, the issue covers either in malformed QR code OR in your nexus device. Could you please provide a QR so I can check it is okay?

Also, I guess you checked the simple stuff (Nexus is focused on QR code, it is not over-highlighted or or too dark)?

I tried Barcode Scanner, which can scan the code w/o a problem but when I open the link which is provided by the QR code, the secret is not in the corresponding field.

The QR code is okay, it comes directly from the BitTorrent Sync application on OSX.

I tried different brightness settings but no change.

BTW in the camera for the 2013 Nexus 7 it never worked, in the Nexus 4 it used to work w/o a problem. No idea about older versions on Nexus 5.

I tried Barcode Scanner, which can scan the code w/o a problem but when I open the link which is provided by the QR code, the secret is not in the corresponding field.

Do you mean ZXing Barcode Scanner? What do you mean that secret is not in the corresponding field? Could you please make a screenshot?

Thanks!