Android 1.3.20.0 : Can Not Identify The Destination Folder

Crocus

Hello,

I use BitTorrent Sync for several months.
Currently, I lose sync Android side.
I created a sync, it works, then after 2 or 3 days, I get the message "Can not identify the destination folder", always on the same directories.
I deleted the sync and I have redone, but the problem comes back after 2 or 3 days.

qzvi.png

u0hq.png

@Crocus,

This error pops up when the sync folder does not contain the .syncid file anymore (someone or some app has delete it) or the file is invalid (was copied by mistake from other peer). 

Could you please check if the file is there? Note, that it is hidden so you'll need some file browser with ability to see hidden files.

@Crocus,

Right question would be on how come it is missing - is it some issue in BTSync, some 3rd party app or accidental deletion? If it was accidentally removed - it is not a huge issue, while if it is issue in BTSync I'd like to capture it.

Please let me know if issue pops up again. BTW, if it does - don't hesitate to tap the "Send feedback" ASAP - maybe we'll get the issue trace in the log.

@Crocus,

Write-protecting .syncID is not an option - BTSync needs it to write data to it. .SyncIgnore is slightly different from .SyncID: .SyncIgnore contains textual data in UTF-8 encoding, while .SyncID is pure binary file. I'm not familiar with DailyRoad Voyager, but it might have some more complex logic on files cleanup.

BTW, what makes you thing that DRV is the app responsible for syncID deletion?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

I did some tests, it is DailyRoad that scans its directory and deletes some files, especially. SyncId

Why store files BTSync configuration directories ? I suggest that the configuration files are stored in a single directory dedicated to BTSync. It would be possible ?

• 4 weeks later...