Establishing A "base" For Sync

Turoab

Computer A has huge amount of data that computer B likes to be in sync with.

Is it recommended to copy the whole data once (via copy command) from A to B (they are in the same subnet), to establish what can be considered a "base" and then let them start syncing thereafter. Does this speed up the initial synchronization?

Thanks.

When you copy, often the modified date will change on the copied set. At least in my experience. This will result in it syncing anyway. A workaround is to zip it, and then extract it to the destination. Some people have said using robocopy with certain switches will do the trick. Something to keep in mind.

@RomanZ

Oh.  Has it always been that way?  I seem to remember copying a folder a while back that was several hundred GB's to speed up the syncing process when I moved the hard drive over to another machine.  After I put the drive the other PC and starting BTSync, I remember being very frustrated that everything was not only taking hours to sync what was already supposed to be synchronized, but also that everything was being copied back to the original machine.  I assumed this was because the mtime was newer.  Perhaps I did something wrong.