Iphoto Across 3 Macs?

Garf

I've just started using BT Sync and loving it.

I have 3 iPhoto libraries distributed across 3 macs, it would be great if they were all in sync…

• Does BT Sync sync iPhoto libraries?
  • Will it sync in both directions?
  • Can i sync 3 iPhoto libraries across 3 macs?
  • How does it deal with dupes? (i'll have a lot of duplicates across the 3 libraries…)

So many questions! Answers to any of the above will be received with gratitude! :-)

Thanks,

Garf

I would be hesitant to try that, anyway: backup your iPhoto libraries first. I would at least assume conflicts, as soon as iPhoto is opened on 2 computers at the same time.

I would suggest you wait for http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/photos/ and OS X Yosemite, which will bring you iCloud Foto Library. That is exactly what you are trying to achieve and it will include iOS devices as well.

Hmm… Yosemite looks great but it could get pricey with 170GB of photos…

Glad you share my concern over syncing via BT Sync. I'll definitely make sure i'm backed up before i try… be good to hear if others have tried and had success.

Hmm… Yosemite looks great but it could get pricey with 170GB of photos…

Not really:

Users can access 20 gigabytes of cloud storage for 99 cents per month, or 200 gigabytes for $3.99 per month. Plans up to 1 terabyte will be available.

When the iCloud photo library will be introduced, the prices of iCloud storage will fall (maybe even earlier). $3.99/Month for 200GB seems reasonable.

@Garf

If you sync just pictures - that would work just fine. However, iPhoto library contains it's own DB files. If they are going to be synced precisely, especially when more than one copy of iPhoto is running simultaneously - DB might become inconsistent. I would advise avoid syncing iPhoto library with BTSync.