Cli Shared Folder Sync

aealvarez3

I created a conf file and set it up the shared folders. After setting up both conf on the separate servers they still do not sync. Here is my conf file.

{	"device_name": "Vuze",	"listening_port": 0,	"storage_path": "/root/.sync",	"pid_file": "/var/run/btsync/btsync.pid",	"check_for_updates": true,	"use_upnp": true,	"download_limit": 0,	"upload_limit": 0,	"shared_folders": [		{		"secret": "SECRET",		"dir": "/shared/",		"use_relay_server": true,		"use_tracker": true,		"use_dht": false,		"search_lan": true,		"use_sync_trash": true		}	]}

the secret is the same on both servers and they will still not sync. I have also tried to add the local hosts but sync still did not work. 

Edited by aealvarez3

aealvarez3,

Does your user have access to /root/.sync and /var/run/btsync/btsync.pid? Check access and read-write permissions of these folders, make sure that user under which you run Sync is the owner of the folders and files in them. 

but sync still did not work. 

Why exactly is it not working: devices do not connect or they are connected but files do not sync?