Got "synctcpreq: Unable To Uncompress Incoming Data, Err = -5" Messsage

chungyan5

hi All,

I got the above message at my notebook log file.

Mine configuration is:

Notebook: Ubuntu 12.04, btsync-common 1.4.75-1 by debian package with non-official btsync-gui 0.8.5-1(but i do not think related to GUI). Turn on the debug logging.

Desktop: Ubuntu 14.04, btsync-common 1.4.75-1 by debian package with btsync 1.4.0-4. Turn on the debug logging.

Now i have ~400G data with 2338663 files, the notebook has already indexing for a week already(that changes my notebook as very slow operation performance) and still under indexing, two Ubuntus are 24 hrs power ON. They are under connected, but up and down rate are 0 B/s.

Please have any advice for the above message, is it normal? I still need to wait, right?

thanks

yan

Edited by chungyan5

hi RomanZ,

my note book as:

Asus U24A
cpu -- Intel® Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
RAM -- 8G
HD -- 5400RPM

my server as:

cpu -- Intel® Celeron® CPU  J1800  @ 2.41GHz
RAM -- 2G
HD -- 5400RPM

This "synctcpreq: Unable To Uncompress Incoming Data, Err = -5" comes out again, i manaully restart the btsync each time. What's wrong of this message?

thanks

yan

@chungyan5

Both your laptop and server has HW powerful enough.The only one thin place I can see is your server RAM. It is 2Gigs, while you attempt to sync around 2.3MLN files. When monitoring such amount of files, Sync will demand around 2Gb of RAM.

OS will provide such amount of memory if it is x64 based - though, system will swap a lot.

Though, you say that issue happens on laptop, which has around 8Gb of RAM - which should be enough to hold the files tree.

To find a root cause of your issue we'll need your debug logs. As you get a bunch of files - please set your "log_size" advanced pref to 500 (which will give us around 1 gig space for sync.log and sync.log.old), then follow this instruction for log collection and sending to us.

We'll do our best to solve it. Thanks!