All My Configuration Disappeared But Remains In A Mysterious "instance"

mumen

I'm under Windows Seven

After a hot extinction due to another problem, and while BS sync was paused, BS had lost all my configuration.

I had to re enter it all. 

- This is problem number one : how can BS loose all its configuration in a crash? 

Next problem:

I have seen that BS was somehow remembering my configuration when, by mistake, I tried to recreate a share with the button [Add Folder] : I had the incomprehensible message  "selected folder is already added to BitTorrent Sync".

This folder was not in the BS list, because it was empty. And, the computer being freshly restarted, I only had one instance for BS.

On my second computer, henceforth appears my first one twice in every list of clients : one is normal, the other is always disconnected. So when I lost my config, I also lost my internal PC identification.

I suppose that every client will forever remember this dead identification as being disconnected unless I remove and reinstall BS on each of them.

Am I right ?, or is there a procedure to remove a dead client automatically on each client?

An obvious question comes to my mind:

- Is it clean to save the "AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync\sync.dat" and "settings.dat" and restore them in this kind of situation ? 

Is there a clean known procedure to restore a configuration, like 

- closing BS, 

- killing all files in the roaming folder, 

- placing those 2 files 

- restart BS

?

• 2 weeks later...