One Of My Folders Stopped Syncing... After A Reinstall On Both Peers, I Can No Longer Add Any Folders To Sync...

bemymonkey

Hi everyone... I've been using Sync for months successfully now - thousands of files were reliably synced back and forth between my desktop and laptop.

Then, out of the blue (I'm assuming it was one of the updates that caused it?), one of my two synced folders started showing "no peers", while the other one kept syncing perfectly. This did not change no matter what network I logged onto with the laptop - work WiFi, home WiFi, uni WiFi, my UMTS hotspot...  nothing. All these networks worked fine beforehand, and the second folder continues to happily sync on all of them.

So I figure a reinstall will solve the problem!

But no... there are a number of issues:

1. The web UI apparently lacks peer approval buttons. After sharing the link from one device to the other, the "receiver" device shows "awaiting approval" and nothing happens on the other device. There's no yes/no popup I could confirm or decline...

2. When I share the link without the approval requirement, I'm able to add the folder on the second device, but then I'm stuck with "no peers" on both ends.

It's the same across multiple networks (have tried the UMTS hotspot and uni WiFi since the reinstall).

So, any bright ideas?

There may be various reasons, why you don't see peers. You can try to disable all network interfaces except one(if you have more, than one), directly connect computers via one network interface into one LAN and disable firewall/antivirus.

If that will not help you please send us logs according this instruction.

Also please click on the peer list, where you have "No peers" and send us screenshot with that pop-up window.

Approval issue obviously related to connection, because without connection you cannot receive approval requests.