[Solved] Issues Editing And Saving Files While Sync Is Running

MichaelIhns

To my amazement I can't seem to find any record of anyone else having these issues, so I decided to post here.

With Sync 1.4.93 (latest version) it seems to be locking a lot of files, preventing me from saving changes. This didn't seem to happen in previous versions.

The issue occurs with Adobe CS5 files, Autodesk Inventor Files and most other file types I use on a daily basis. It doesn't seem to occur with simple files such as text files, Office documents, etc.

When I create a new file, the first time I save it, it saves just fine. But the second time I try to save it, or if I edit an existing file, I get an error message. For example, in Adobe Illustrator, I get:

"Cannot save to this filename. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

Then Illustrator creates some kind of temporary copy of the file with a random name and no file extension. 

Now if I go to "Save As" and select the same file, then select yes to overwrite the file, it will save just fine.

A very similar issue occurs with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.

It seems that once a file has changed, Sync is applying some sort of lock to the file, preventing it from being saved by the application directly.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a solution available? Currently I just have to shut down Sync whenever I'm working because the applications are constantly throwing errors.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by MichaelIhns

With Sync 1.4.93 (latest version) it seems to be locking a lot of files, preventing me from saving changes. This didn't seem to happen in previous versions.

Firstly, 1.4.93 isn't the latest version, 1.4.103 is.

Secondly, 1.4.103 contains a fix for these issues :)

To my amazement I can't seem to find any record of anyone else having these issues

Please see this thread

• 3 months later...

I found some issues working on Adobe Illustrator.

I used to Work at Office and Home with a work space folder which ease my file handling easy, I never uses Portable devices to move the files around, thanks for Bittorrent Sync for that first.

When I work on Illustrator with some linked files in the office, it asks me to replace the files when I open the file at my home, but I am sure, all the files are in Synced with Sync.

please help me. if you resolve this issue? it would be very help, other than that, Sync is awesome!!!

Thanks.

• 8 years later...

Hey, I know it's crazy, but I'm having this same issue on 2.7.3 - I use a programme to edit some 100-300mb files that can take a bit to fully sync on my slow internet connection, and while resilio is syncing, it locks the file so that any changes made to it cannot be saved.  I have to either pause or close resilio before I can save any updates made.

Help?