[Solved] Btsync Keeps Windows Awake

merc68k

I'm using btsync to back up my wife's files from her Windows 7 machine to btsync running on my Centos server. Everything works great except that her Windows machine stays awake (won't suspend) as long as btsync is running. I've tried changing the rescan interval but that didn't help. How can I keep btsync running but have her PC sleep when idle?

I've tried changing the rescan interval but that didn't help.

Did you also change the config_refresh_interval as well as the folder_rescan_interval settings? Both need to be longer than the sleep/suspend/hibernatre timeout you have set in Windows.

For example, if your Windows is set to sleep after 30 mins of inactivity, config_refresh_interval and folder_rescan_interval need to be set >1800

Also, are all the folders you're syncing "in sync"? i.e. if Sync is still transferring data, your computer isn't "idle" as such

I don't remember if I'd originally set config_refresh_interval along with folder_rescan_interval, but I probably didn't since it's not obvious that this one would make a difference.  I've set it to the same value as the rescan interval, but still the machine won't sleep.  Are there any other tricks I can try?