How To Sync Files Accross Two Computers With Only One Logged In?

ktm583

I have a laptop and a desktop computer, which has six user profiles. I have Sync set up on both of them and it syncs just fine as long as I am logged in on both computers and on my home network( I have not yet tried it outside of my network). However, if I am only logged into my laptop and I am not logged into the desktop or another user is logged in on the desktop, it well not sync. Is there a way to set Sync up so that I only have to be logged on to one computer for it to Sync?

It's not currently possible to natively install & run Sync as a Windows Service (so that it can run even if you're logged off)

A number of unofficial workarounds do exist - just search the forums for "windows service" - in particular see this thread where you can also add your voice/vote/support for a native Windows Service.

We are running Sync as a service on a Windows Server 2k8R2 and it works like a charm. The only restriction is, that we have to stop the service if we want to access the Sync GUI.

Edited by Nigcra

I tried to create a BTSync service however it will not start up; manually or automatically. I have turned on automatic start up for the service and turned off automatic start up in the GUI.

To create the service typed this into an Administrator CMD:

sc create "BTSync" binpath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bit Torrent Sync\BTSync.exe"

Have any suggestions?