Deleted Files Return With 0 Byte Size

Ahmed Badr

Hi, 

I'm using: 

Sync Android 1.4.63.0 on a phone and a tablet.

Sync Linux Server 1.4.103 (Debian and Ubuntu Server Unofficial on Kubuntu 14.04) I'm running two insistence for two users on the computer.

Everything syncs fine however, when I delete files from the synced folder on the desktop they reappear withing a few minutes with the original names but with a file size of Zero and I have to re-delete them.

Anyway I can fix this? What should I check if it's a configuration issue?

Thank you

@Ahmed Badr

Which Android device do you have? This is a known issue which occurs when some certain Android models are present in mesh. Try turning Android Sync off and see the issue is gone. We are working to make permanent fix for it (no need for debugs, we've got repro in our lab).

Hi,

I love BTsync, and use it very heavily. However I noticed some bugs over the time, the most important is:

• With the setup: Sync-Folder (R/W) on linux computer, synced to a Sync-Folder (R/W) on Android.
    Every time 1 delete a file on the computer, the file does not vanish on Android, but it's size is suddenly 0 bytes. I have to delete the 0 byte files and then it really disapears from the sync folder.
  • The 0 byte problem also happend once, when I didn't actually delete the files, but just a few weeks after I had synced it to multiple devices. All synced deviced just had 0 byte files. Luckily I could restore the files from the .Archive folder.

Missing Features:

• When I have a readonly folder in Android, and download a file, then I cannot delete it anymore in BTsync. I have to delete it in the filemanager
  • When I have a R/W folder in Android, and download a file, then there is currently no method to delete the local copy, but preserve the file in the folder.

Otherwise is BTSync awesome! I love it and even with these bugs I can't live without it anymore!

Best