1.4 Folders Stay 1.4 Folders Currently? No Migration To 2.0?

linenoise

Hi there,

Maybe missing something or maybe this just isn't in yet.

I've been syncing a 30GB folder with 1.4 for some months.  I've installed 2.0.51 on a few devices and it's found that folder and all seems to be working well.

How do I update this folder to a 2.0 sync rather than using the backwards compatibility?

Not possible yet?

• 2 weeks later...

@drego85

What does the folder show next to out of sync? Does it believe that other peer is offline? Couple of screenshots would be great.

Hi RomanZ,

I'm so sorry for the delay.

I have two folders, converted to version 2.0, which is not synchronized with each other despite the Peer are online.

In the state I get the message "No Peers online to receive xxxMB", but the peers is online! This only happens with folders converted to version 2.

I deleted the folder ".sync" in both folders and I rebooted BtSync, but the result does not change.

I attach a screenshot ;) and I have update to version: 2.0.52!

BtSync_PeersOffline_05.png

BtSync_PeersOffline_04.png

BtSync_PeersOffline_03.png

BtSync_PeersOffline_03.png

BtSync_PeersOffline_02.png

BtSync_PeersOffline_01.png

@drego85

Thanks for the screenshots. On the last one I see that there are a plenty of peers with different upload status. Does the synchronization not happens between only one you loggen in via webui and some other, or between all of them?

I'm not sure you understand, I'm sorry! However, the "Public" folder is synchronized between two QNAP, both NAS are online! The other folders are synchronized between the same two NAS, with exception of a few folders that are synchronized with a third serves CentOS! The Public folder, stopped to synchronize after conversion to version 2, first was fine and the peer are always there themselves.

Thanks

Andrea

@drego85

1.4 and 2.0 folders have different security base, so it's better for users to convert them explicitly. Some of users may not want to migrate from keys to certificates.

This means that you will also continue to develop and support (remove bugs, add features)  the 1.4 "keys" version? Also when Sync will go public (out of beta) will there be an option to buy (or subscribe) 1.4 version?

This means that you will also continue to develop and support (remove bugs, add features)  the 1.4 "keys" version?

No, it just means that you'll be able to continue using 1.4 (just as you can still use 1.3, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0, etc today - even though these are not in active development and may contain bugs, etc)

Also when Sync will go public (out of beta) will there be an option to buy (or subscribe) 1.4 version?

No - 1.4 will remain a free offering, but will not be in active development/receive updates & new features, etc