Sync Folders With Different Names

ConallB

Hello,

I have been using 1.4 for some time with great success. Recently the app on my phone autoupdated to 2.0 and I thought I would take the time to upgrade my PC to the same version.

My problem is this.

I want to sync a folder C:\MySyncs\My Music with the folder SDCARD1\Music on my android.

here are the steps i take:

1. I pair the devices with no problem.

2. I set up the folder on the desktop.

3. I see the folder in the list on the Android and hit "Connect"

4. I press change and set the folder to SDCARD\Music on the android and hit "Add Folder"

Now what I expect is for the folder C:\MySyncs\My Music to sync with SDCARD1\Music

but instead

A folder is created in SDCARD1\Music called My music which is NOT what I want. I dont want a folder created called "My Music", I want it to sync with the folder I selected. The subfolder structure of SDCARD1\Music is already as i want it and new music from other apps auto download there and not into the "My Music" subfolder.

Is this working as intended, a bug, a feature? what? Why are folders being created at all? This didnt happen in 1.4.

Edited by ConallB

This is totally a degrade from 1.4.

Let say I and my wife would like to sync camera from our phones to our PC.

In 1.4 we create two folders with meaningful name on PC and sync them with DCIM folder on each phone.

Now there are only DCIM and DCIM(1) - disappointed!

@all, on your desktop devices, go to "My Devices" within Sync, select your current device and change its default state to "Disconnected".

You'll then be able to specify the location that each new incoming folder syncs to, rather than them being automatically synced to the default location, and enumerated in the case of identical folder names in the default location.

@greatmarko your advice, whilst being technically correct has nothing to do with the issue as described. Please take the time to read and understand before attempting to assist.

@ConalB - I was highlighting a way that users can choose the location of folders and therefore effectively the names they appear as in Sync's UI. The steps I outlined would help address @el_milagro's issue (i.e. be able to sync a folder named "To Macbook" with a folder named "To Desktop"), and would also avoid the "DCIM and DCIM(1)" (i.e. enumerated folder names) issue which @hiephm encountered.