Catastrophic Failure On Android Forcing Me To Bail From 2.0

Sorry to pile on the melodrama while emotions are otherwise running high, but I can't see my situation as other than depressing:

I've been syncing a small folder of 2MB and 23 files between my Windows clients, Linux NAS and Android S4. Only the Windows boxes sync properly, the Linux NAS won't transfer any data, and the phone keeps reproducing the disastrous old-overwrites-new problem. On my S4, I have "Battery saver" and "Auto-sleep" turned off. I'm WiFi only with no data plan, so "Use mobile data" is unchecked. At first everything works, but I always eventually get "Unknown error: 110" on every sync folder. My Windows clients then show the Android peer online, and that it's still syncing the latest changes, but sync never proceeds. I also get the same situation with camera sync: I make a test photo or two, and it works fine at first, but then it soon goes 110 and stops syncing even though the Windows peers see the phone online.

Rebooting the phone is the only way I've found to clear the 110 error, and then the phone syncs with the Windows laptops. The phone then clobbers all data updates since the last time it synced: in other words, when rebooting after a 110 error, the phone overwrites new with old. That's a total dealbreaker, as my phone must reboot quite often to accommodate updates to certain apps, let alone ROM updates.

Of course, I don't dare trying again to connect the phone to the two other large folders that I'm syncing on my Windows boxes, But when I did try that, the S4 transferred data at a snail's pace, and then 110'ed before syncing even 1% of the files. Syncing my phone ran at expected speeds on my home LAN with 1.3, and it looks like I'm once again forced to downgrade to 1.3 as the last working version I've ever tried. That will make periodic testing of updated 2.0's quite a chore because I would have to do clean installs of 2.0 on multiple devices and then likely downgrade again after the test.

2.0 also totally fails to sync on my Linux NAS, though I currently suspect that may be a firewall issue due to change in port usage from 1.3 to 2.0. I really can't test that as I have to bail immediately from 2.0 so that I can use BitTorrent Sync on my phone.

If anyone has a constructive suggestion, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I have to return to the 1.3 ghetto with virtually no hope of upgrading, and where it will be more and more unlikely to get support, which blows.

@JimmyTheSaint

The foldererror110 indicates inability to work with DB representing the folder. Re-adding folder could be a quick solution. Also, I'll be happy to get some logs to see what exactly happened to DB.

For the Linux NAS - it is most likely is known issue which we are working to address ASAP. Although, again - I can see the logs to identify it this is the issue we faced or not. Simple way to workaround it is to use classic 1.4 folders.

To be clear: the 110 error happens every single time, 100% of the time without fail, within minutes, on each and every share, regardless of its size or number of files.

The 110 error appears to happen as a result of the phone sleeping, which it constantly has to do. In other words, it always and constantly occurs until I reboot my phone. Upon reboot, the phone overwrites all the other clients with its old files. So re-adding the folder won't help because such a fix would only last for minutes and then lead to a data disaster.

Your workaround for Linux is truly disheartening because you're saying the full version of 2.0 can't be used on Linux. I didn't see any announcement at the start that 2.0 doesn't work on Linux. Was there a notification that makes this clear to Linux users? So you're saying I'm once again segregated from 2.0.

Can Android be set up with 1.4 folders while using 2.0? Is that expected to fix the 110 error? How do you do a clean install of 2.0 while specifying 1.4 folders? If 1.4 folders can be used on Android's 2.0 as a workaround, then once again, I'm segregated from 2.0.

@JimmyTheSaint

The DB should not be corrupt when phone sleeps. We've encountered in the past couple of phone models which simply killed Sync without any warning (not giving it even a chance to save data). I wonder if you can collect and send a logcat log for your phone? If yes - I'll instruct you.

You can use 1.4 folders with your phone, though it is not going to help against Error 110 - looks like your phone does something really wrong to Sync and DB is still going to corrupt.

For the Linux issue - it is only related to Sync for glibc2.3, so if you got newer glibc version - you should be unaffected.

Also, do you have uTorrent client on your Android? I wonder if it works well in background?