Sync And Samsung Smart Tv

gl3nn

well, that would be a really cool feature if Sync can manage to do that.

If we have a decode device to play on TV (say chromecast/kodi) and we can just let the device to download/stream data through EVERY PEERS.

would that ever work?

'Ever'? Maybe - future's unpredictable. But for now, no. That's not syncing which is all btsync is for.

Hey there.

I wouldn't expect that to work any time soon. Well, I wouldn't expect it to work at all.

There is one thing with recordings on smart TVs: They don't want them to be shared.

I know a couple of devices from Sony, Phillips, Samsung and LG. All of them are perfectly fine with playing videos from nearly arbitrary USB devices. But all of them refuse to store live TV record files on them until the USB device isn't  encrypted by the actual TV.

This means: If you record live TV on that USB device and move it to a regular PC, that PC wouldn't be able to read those recordings.

Having asked all of those manufacturer support channels to explain why that's the case, most of them just don't respond.

Only LG responded by saing most pay tv providers wouldn't cooperate with them if they this was possible. Whatever this means. Might be technical stuff, might be only marketing.

Regards,

Stephan.