Upgraded To Pro - Couple Of Questions

Boatguy

I've upgraded to Pro, but stumbling on a couple of things.  I'm basically trying to mirror most of my desktop files onto my laptop.  For those files that I do mirror, I want them in the same place, same directory structure as my laptop.  Of course these all have the same identify.

1)  BT wants to put all sync folders into the default folder.  How can I manually set the location of the synced folder?  Or if it was smarter, why not an option to just put it on the new device where it was on the source device (i.e., the one that initially shared").

I find I can drag the default target folder for some folders, but system folders like "Downloads" won't allow that.  With 1.4 I could simply point BTS to the laptop Downloads folder and it synced, worked great.

2) Some of my synced folders have green check boxes on them, and the folder icons have sync symbols.  I don't like seeing either.  Is there an option somewhere to get rid of those?

Thanks!

OSX 10.10.2  BTS 2.085

UDPATE!

1) I found the answer to this.  Set the default under Devices to be "Connect".  Then manually set the sync folder, then change to Sync All.  Note that this does not solve the problem for the Downloads folder because you're actually dragging the target folder, not retargeting BTS, and OSX won't let BTS delete the Download system file.

1. Go to "My Devices"
  2. Select your current device
  3. Change the New Folders setting to "Disconnected"
  4. Future folders you add on other devices won't then sync to your current device until you manually "Connect" them to a folder location you specify

In relation to your second question, no, there is no option to switch off icon overlays

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe this is the right place to ask ... I've updated btsync, but I reached the folder's limit of the free edition. I'd like to unlink a folder and re-enter in the folder's limit, how can I do this? I've tried to delete it, but btsync says that the folder is disconnected but it is still in the count of the limit.

Thank you,

Mariano

Maybe this is the right place to ask ... I've updated btsync, but I reached the folder's limit of the free edition. I'd like to unlink a folder and re-enter in the folder's limit, how can I do this? I've tried to delete it, but btsync says that the folder is disconnected but it is still in the count of the limit.

Thank you,

Mariano

poor guy ... remove button ... I've seen it now, maybe I have to change my glass :(