Pro License Query & Does Sync 2.0 Have A Peer Limit On Folders?

TLDR; I get around 400-600 people per year to install BTSync, we've had some issues with transfers which may be related to peer limits of 1.4.x, can I have a free license for this purpose and get people using 2.0 please?

Long version:

I have 3 folders that are used to distribute development tools to first time sprinters at 2-3 international Drupal conferences per year as part of the post conference code prints.

On average we are instructing ~200 people/event to install sync so that we can push these tools from seeds within the same room to stop the network link going down.

I believe that sync 1.4 had a peer limit and we think we have run into this at previous conferences, having to resort to USB keys which sucks.

I'm still using 1.4 because I have more than 10 folders (due to the folders for these community tools) and would like to talk with someone from BitTorrent about the potential of getting a pro account gratis for the purpose of delivering these tools.

If you work for BitTorrent and can help I'd love to hear from you.

BrianGilbert,

Sync 1.4 has limit of 50 peers that can be sharing folder at a time, indeed. 

Sync 2.0 - has limit of 100 peers at present, and it does not depend on Free or Pro. 

Perhaps, in future we will raise it for Pro, but I'm not sure, this is yet TBD  :) 

Helen

Thanks for that clarification on peers.

Does raising the limit cost BitTorrent more from an infrastructure point of view? because I'd suggest that this would be a huge upsell for some people..

Also you didn't reply to my query about a gratis Pro license?  Is there someone I can get in touch with to discuss how we are using it and whether it is something that BitTorrent would be happy to provide? (I am bringing you between 400-1000 new users a year after all..)

Cheers

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

@BrianGilbert

It costs both infrastructure (increases tracker load significantly) as well as requires significant changes in Sync core. Although, we'd like to implement it in future. No need to fill in the Feature Requests - it was already requested for a number of times.

For the Pro license - I'll respond you via PM.