Latest Desktop Build 2.1.1

RomanZ

Dear community,

Sync 2.1.1 is now available through the official download site.

Direct Download Links are also available:

A list of what's new, improved, changed, and fixed in this version is available in the change log.

we cannot install the windows version here. The upgrade function gives an error, that there was a problem with downloading the new version and we should check bittorrent.com/sync for the latest version. We did, and we downloaded the version there. But after having run the installation wizard, nothing happens, and the version had not been installed.

uninstalling the old version and installing a new version did not help either. rebooting all the machines did not help either. Now we are stuck. 

Any help on this?

thanks

Bernhard

we cannot install the windows version here. The upgrade function gives an error, that there was a problem with downloading the new version and we should check bittorrent.com/sync for the latest version. We did, and we downloaded the version there. But after having run the installation wizard, nothing happens, and the version had not been installed.

uninstalling the old version and installing a new version did not help either. rebooting all the machines did not help either. Now we are stuck. 

Any help on this?

thanks

Bernhard

Check your antivirus logs. This happened to me.

https://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/39971-bittorrent-sync-211-sonarsuspdatarun/

Same here. Completely F%^& the install. Nothing happened after I entered admin password for windows 8.1 x64.

tried to reinstall. nothing.

broke.

Help.

Ok... I could solve it: the problem was that I didn't tick the 'Install Desktop Icon' checkbox. I could start it with simply clicking on the btsync.exe in %AppData%\BitTorrent Sync\ folder

Bernhard

But this worked.

Come on btsync gang, do you think we can get the installer correct next time? Huh? 

Please don't do this again ...

@STUBR.BS, @wimbit,

There is known issue in installing / upgrading Sync in multi-user environment (i.e. when you do it under non-admin account). The fix is on the way, meanwhile you can indeed copy Sync's binary to "%AppData%\BitTorrent Sync\" as the binary itself is also installer.