Oddity, Mabe Memory Leak?

gwbaker

First, I am a moderately advanced "user" but not a developer by any means.  Known win and a bit about raspian linux.

I have an issue with the latest version that I cannot figure out.

NAS 1 - WD MyCloud EX4 syncing with PC1 and PC2 - no issues with the NAS except I cannot get the drives to sleep despite following directions in other threads (ignore this issue for this post)

PC 1

ASUS EEEPC Netbook, Atom n270 @ 1.6Ghz, 2GB Ram, Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit

Runs for days with no problem.  Sitting seemingly idle, CPU usage jumps 20-50% full load, RAM usage is currently at 178,576K (both just for btsync,exe).  This machine has been running for at least two weeks without a reboot.

PC 2 - THE PROBLEM ONE

HP Stream - Celeron N2840 @ 2.16 Ghz, 2GB Ram, Windows 10 64bit - Brand  new install

I can boot, and during indexing a total of 3 folders containing about 2.5TB of data, CPU Load just after boot starts around 50% and RAM usage starts off at 168.2MB usage.  After I leave it running for 8 hours (with data already synced and nothing transferring) CPU Usage stays around 90 to 97% and RAM usage can get as high as 900MB (both just for btsync,exe) - Then I get system memory low messages from windows and I cannot remote in with Teamviewer due to the resources being all used up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled btsync twice to ensure I have no file corruption problems with the install.

Using Ultimate boot CD and windows built in tests, RAM, CPU all test just fine in PC2 (HP also included BIOS based diagnostics and it tests fine there also.

ANY IDEAS HERE???

Edited by gwbaker

gwbaker,

In your folders do you have a lot of relatively small files? Sync will require resources to index (hash and re-hash) each of them so the more files you have especially if there are a lot of nested folders, the more memory and CPU will be necessary. 

Try increasing folder_rescan_interval in Advanced -> More options (and then restart Sync) and disable logging. 

If these don't helps, enable logging back (you mist also want to increase their size) and send the logs to Support Team for analysis.

Together with loss take process dumps (in Task manager) from both machines.

Okay, thanks for the response I will try that and see what happens.  But, I have already increased the indexing to 14400 seconds...  2TB of the date are very large video files.  The remaining 500GB is all kinds of small medium and larger files.

Also what confuses me is that all of the settings are the same as on the netbook (PC1) with a less powerful machine and it is not having the issues as PC2 is having.  The NAS is the main repository of data.  PC1 and PC2 are acting as read only backups at mom and bro's houses (once I work out the bugs, they are all at home on my local LAN right now).

Edited by gwbaker