[Already Implemented] Selective Sync On Folder Too !

NNois

Right click on a whole folder that is inside if your share that is marked as being "Disconnected" and contains all files and say "Sync to this device" will download everything in this very folder only.

Is this what you were thinking about?

Aarrrrg you're right for the win/linux/client, how can i do this on my NAS ???

Right click on a whole folder that is inside if your share that is marked as being "Disconnected" and contains all files and say "Sync to this device" will download everything in this very folder only.

Is this what you were thinking about?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Well, this is not good. This is not a folder sync this is a "Sync only the actual files listed now in this folder"

When i click "Sync to this device" on a folder this actually sync only the actual files and not the new/upcoming ones !!!

This is a big problem because let says i sync an "inner" folder for a working video project, with every days tons of new images and footage all linked to a project file. The software just can't open and all is messed up !

example:

An Adobe premiere Project

A Unity Project

An Unreal Engine project

etc..

etc..

each example listed needs a whole directory structure synched.

I know i can share only the folder but actually if i do this i'll need like 60-70 sync folder, not manageable at all.

What do we need ? well just a folder browser with checkbox like the other "cloud client (copy.com etc)" showing where we need folder sync or not.

each example listed needs a whole directory structure synched.

Why not just turn off selective sync then?

With selective sync enabled, when you add new files/folders to an existing folder you're already selectively syncing, the new files won't start syncing with other devices until you explicitly instruct them to (by double clicking the corresponding .bts placeholders on your other devices)

• 2 weeks later...

Because it's common to need some folder synched and not the others.

I hope in the future i can do just that because in the other case we end with way too much sync and more importantly unclear names on the sync app listing.

Example, I'm working on recurent directory structures:

ProjectA:

i'll sync with my colleagues:

ProjectA/dev ProjectA/assets ProjectA/Footages only part of the project structure because i don't need the parts who don't concern me

ProjectB/dev ProjectA/assets ProjectA/Footages only part of the project structure ...

So actually with sync i'm presented 2times dev folder and 2times assets folder etc

imagine that on a production environment...

now, i understand that when i sync a mymovie folder full of .mkv with a friend i don't want all the movie and clicking over then is a cool and convenient way. But in a working context with many files we can just afford clicking over all the new files...

I think you need to find a compromise because, in my case it's not "production ready".

Just look you're advertised case here

http://blog.getsync.com/2015/07/09/how-a-creative-film-company-uses-bittorrent-sync-with-adobe-premiere-to-share-files/

This is typically a case where the man just can't click on every footages to get them (if not the project fail) and just typically the case where the guy want to sync just a portion of the video project... ;-)

Edited by NNois

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just throwing in my request for this too. it would definitely be nice to have a way to mark a sub directory under my share as 'always sync' so that it will sync all current files as well as automatically sync future files there as well.

i assumed this was how the sync feature worked prior to buying (should have read a little deeper)

• 1 month later...