[Solved] Key To Link Another Device Is Invalid

ddh43

Hello,

Installed on laptop (windows 10 pro 64 bit) BT 2.2.1

Installed on desktop (linux mint 13 maya) BT i386 2.2.1

When I paste the key generated from my laptop into "manual connection" of configuration screen "localhost:888/gui/" of the desktop I get following message : this key is invalid. please check the key and try again.

Already reinstalled BT on both machines with same result

Anyone an idea ?

Rgds

@ddh43

Do you have any apps working with / modyfying clipboard? I suggest checking link integrity. Typical link looks like this:

https://link.getsync.com/#f=Sync5&sz=0&t=1&s=HHB547MA34MBAL2QWFFLML26IA4UBUFI&i=CHSYSH7PELIRGAUEVPZFRP5FLP3CHCOOA&e=1443198421&v=2.2

I've got reports before that link had corrupt text instead of https due to 3rd party clipboard management app.

Hello RomanZ

1) I did not work with a link as "https://link.getsync.com/#f=Sync5&sz=0&t=1&s=HHB547MA34MBAL2QWFFLML26IA4UBUFI&i=CHSYSH7PELIRGAUEVPZFRP5FLP3CHCOOA&e=1443198421&v=2.2" but with a code of 33caracters. (I cannot find a right way to introduce the link into the configuration of my linux desktop)

2) I have no idea how to check for apps working with modiyfying clipboard. 

Rgds

Hello RomanZ

I compare the generated code with code in clipboard (pasted in write of libreoffice) : exactly the same

Rgds

@ddh43

Oh, okay then. It's not a link, its a key. I suggest verifying the following:

1) The key should start with "A..F", "R" or "M" symbol. Is this correct? This is something you can share to me.

2) The key rest 32 symbols should only consist of digits 2..7 and capital letters A..Z. Is it correct?

Hello RomanZ

Yes it's weird, before I want to follow your steps I tried again with the key and it works.

possible reason : two days ago I carried out a sfc scannow and this resulted in repairs of files (do not ask me which files are repaired as I do not understand the cbs.log)

Now the key is accepted but I have another problem :

- When I choose the folder "backup" in the upper case I got the message "sync does not have permission to access this folder"

- When I  click  "new folder" in lower case and name it "backup" its starts to sync with my windows laptop and I can find my files from windowslaptop in  /mnt/backup on the linux desktop.

Question : how can I change the the folders position ?

Rgds

@RomanZ

I have more problems : 

- have only rights for reading on sync files

- changes made on linux desktop are not transmitted to laptop windows

I think it's something todo with the position of the sync folders in /mnt

I reinstalled btsync from synaptic after deleting btsyn and reboot

Now I had a choice to change the default folder for sync not in /mnt but into /home

Trying again I encounter the same problem "this key is invalid.Please check key and try again"

Introduced key without pasting gives same result

Key : begins with A and other caracters consist of digits 2..7 and capital letters A..Z.

Rgds

@ddh43

Oh, okay, so your are using PPA packge to install Sync. Please note, that sync is running under special user account: btsync. I suggest adding it to the same group of users your user has, otherwise your user won't be able to write files delivered by Sync, and vice versa - Sync won't be able to write files created by your user account. 

For the key issue - its something strange. Which version of Sync actually you use? I mean - if you check file properties / ask file itself? I suspect that you could use something really, really old.

• 2 weeks later...