Directory Properties Of Shared Folder Not Quite The Same On Different Computers?

fefrie

So I have a my documents folder on two computers that are synced with BT Sync.

In the top level directory, two files were missing on the 2.XX Tablet, but were clearly visible and the 1.4.111 XP computer.

So I moved the two files out of the XP folder and moved them back in.  Synced fine.

But this got me wondering.  These are low level files that don't get used much.  One was an .xpi file who's contents don't change and the other one was a word document that I just work on one computer of the other randomly.

So I just checked the two directories, and there are the same number of folders, but the file numbers are different.  Now I have doubt.  I can't have BT Sync randomly dropping files.  

How do I more reliably check for differences between the two directories and eliminate doubt that BT Sync is deleting files that may be important to me?

A general advice here is to run the same BitTorrent Sync version on all your devices. Also the latest version, 2.2.7 as of now, has had lot's of fixes regarding your issues. So you might want to give it a try.

I am also curious why you are still running Windows XP at all?