Synology Sync: How to add files?

Many thanks in advance. I am evaluating the free version of Sync to see if it meets my needs.

I have a Synology DS1511+ with 5.2-5644 update 3 (which should be the latest update) running Sync 2.2.5-1. I installed Sync today on the Synology, two Macs, and an iPhone. Everything is running and I have both Macs and the iPhone connected to the Synology but I have a question regarding how the NAS should behave.

If I add files to my Macs sync folder, they appear on each Mac, iPhone, and on the NAS without issue. If I am on the same LAN as the NAS and drop a file directly in the Sync folder located on the Synology through the finder the file does not appear on the Macs. Is this how Sync is suppose to work?

Should I only add files to the Sync folders on the Macs and iPhone and not directly to the Synology Sync folder through the finder?

gabled-bravado-dell, on Mac, Windows and Linux and mobile platforms Sync receive notifications from OS that files have been modified, deleted or added then Sync indexes them and transfer changes to another peers. On NASes Sync doesn't receive notifications from OS so there is another way to detect changes. Sync rescans folders every 10 minutes by default. If you increase that time Sync won't rescan folders for changes even longer. But if you restart Sync it will rescan folders automatically. So you can wait or restart Sync. Decreasing folder rescan interval will cause resources drain unless you have a few files.