definetely too much RAM

vigilian

Sorry to ask but how do you expect to run it on a NAS if you use something like 1203M in virtual memory and at least 700M in RAM on a linux distribution for something like 7 folders and 5 devices?

it's 1gig RAM on windows 10... 1 gig... for basically a rsync by peer to peer... please guys, really can you besides add new functionalities, revisit your code to use less ram? some of Us if we are lucky we have some proxmox server with only 16gigs and we have a lot more to do than just share files with btsync so really please do something about that. I'm sure that you have taken a wrong approch on how to organise your objects in your code or something like that but it's really killing us. We should be able to run btsync in the worst case scenario on a 1gig RAM linux distro. But here, I have to rerunĀ  the executable every 10 hours or so, it's not functionnal at all. Can you understand that?

that's a big information, could you please put that in the wiki somewhere?

So we can't share everything in any way imaginable.

so I delete 300K of files so I have 61 100 files now in 11 386 subfolders from 16 shares. which give me a around 590 M RAM taken by btsync in windows 10

and before it was 800 M in debian and if I relaunch is 480 M.

So okey that was a good explanation of the problem.

Now another question, when the drop in RAM does occur? because I can see that other VM don't drop of RAM with this process, seems that it needs to restart the process to really drop in ram.