stop re-downloading of moved content

Guentha

I use sync to keep 2 media servers sync'd. for the most part it works great but my problem comes in when I move content around.

Content is automatically added to an unsorted folder and sync handles this just fine. I then manually cleanup and organize the content into the correct folders and sync delete the file from the other servers unsorted folder and re-downloads it into the new folder even though I am syncing the parent folder.

Capture.PNG

here is a simplified folder structure. I sync folder 1 in its entirety with all sub folders. my server adds files to folder 2 and they get synced. I move the file from folder 2 to folder 3 and it is deleted and completely re-downloaded.

can this be stopped? I am used to Dropbox and it doesn't have this problem. the file simply moves however I am more than willing to put up with this annoyance over paying Dropbox for 10TB of storage. this wouldn't be a problem except I have 20gb files on occasion and its a pain that I have to sync them twice.

@Guentha Archives are vital to avoid re-downloading: sometimes it happens that OS itself first sends "delete this file" events, and later "hey, here is a new file" events, so Sync sends them to all other peers in separate blocks. If archives are enabled, Sync will pull files from archive instead of re-downloading them.

Could you please try to turn archives on, and set Power Option "sync_trash_ttl" to "1"? This will force to keep archives only for 1 day and at the same time should return you files movements.

Let me know if it helps.