Indexing for hours (macos sierra beta issue?)

cadeluxe

I just wrote a long post, but the forum software made it disappear after a permissions issue. Anyways, I'm just I'm going to write something short.

I set up btsync to sync my home folder to another computer that should have an already pretty much synced version of the home folder on it (I was previously using syncthing). It's been indexing for hours. I expected cpu usage to be 70% and up during this indexing stage, but it's currently running at around 2%.  I can see that it needs to upload 14,819 files, but it doesn't upload.

I installed Sierra beta a few days before I installed btsync, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

cadeluxe,

syncing home folder is not a good idea, cause there are still some system's files/folders, apps' settings and so on that cannot be synced. Use IgnoreList to ignore directories like Library, Trash, Applications, hidden folders and so on. 

No, we don't have that list - we cannot know what you have there in your home folder. Those I've mentioned are some of standard ones, but you may have any others. Usually people want to sync some Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc, so you can ignore everything apart from the ones that you DO want to sync. 

On the other hand, it'll may be easier to add the wanted folders as separate shares instead of editing a long Ignorelist.