test_drive file is created

freemlist

I updated to BitTorrent Sync 2.3.8 (560) (on linux x86_64).

After the update, temporarily files are created and deleted, several times per second. The files are created in the .sync/ folder from the share and named like "drive_test_1470126432_xxxxxxxxxx" (x = digit).

On some shares, this phenomenon happens only a short time after I start the program. On other shares it does not stop and I get a big hdd write/read load.

Any ideas what's happening here or how I can stop this?

32 minutes ago, Helen said:

Expected.  that is an extra  security check before processing files' removal. Will be optimized in future releases. 

Is it possible to downgrade to a version, which is not affected by this problem? I think version 2.3.7 was not affected?

Where can I download an old version? Do I get any problems (sync db, shares, inconsistency, ...) if I use an older version?

I have this issue as well, in the time span of 23:38 one day, to the next at around 15:00 i had 130.000 files like this created and deleted.

Now my problem with this is: I use tRaid (from FlexRaid) and it has an universal recycler which fills up within days to the amount of files to make it impossible to handle.

Just selecting all the files and wanting to delete them locks up my system, deleting them isn't better. Constant read and writes on all drives (parity)...

This is wanted? Am i getting this correct?

- Improved Sync compatibility to FlexRaid disk pool

This does sound like a joke, considering.

System: Windows 10 Pro, tRaid Version: 1.0.0 2015.11.09 | 1.0.0 2015.11.12, Sync 2.3.8

"Improved Sync compatibility to FlexRaid disk pool" refers to streams syncing to the pool. 

test_drive is created regardless of whether it's Flexraid or not. And we cannot control how FlexRaid pool handles that. As was mentioned, creation of test-drive will be improved in future release.