Missing directories

chuck4100

Hello,

I like to use sync to transfer backups from my phone to PC.

Today, I backed up my phone with Titanium Backup and transferred everything over, reset my phone and when I put I relinked my phone everything was syncing fine when I checked if it was done my entire directory was gone. Other directories include were still there but all 8GB of all my data is now dumped. It wiped it off my 2 other devices and is not in the "archive" folder.

Is there a way to get my data back or is Sync really this bad?

@chuck4100 Could you please elaborate your setup? As I understand, you've got 3 mobile devices, including the phone that you'd like to backup. There are 1+directories you sync (or backup?) to your PC. What is the role of Titanium Backup here? How did you re-link the phone?

Archive folders are only created on desktop computers, not on mobile devices due to limited space. So I suggest checking archive on your PC (also note, that by default .sync folder is hidden an you may require either navigate there directly or allow showing hidden folders in Explorer)

I have 1 mobile device and 2 PC.

1 Directory with 3 subfolders containing files.

Titanium Backup creates backup files for Android devices (The files I sync)

I relinked my phone by scanning the QR code from my PC and connected the folder since I have sync pro.

As I stated, I checked the archive on both PC's and the files were not present. I was able to recover slightly corrupted versions of my files with recovery software. Question is, why is Sync removing things? This is far from the 1st time this has happened.

@chuck4100 Sync removes files when other peers direct it to remove files. For example, if file gets removed in a folder on Android, Sync on this Android will order other peers to remove these files too.

Files are removed permanently (not in Archive) in 2 cases:
1) files are too big (by default, only files lesser than 1000Mb are moved to Archive)
2) Archive is disabled for this folder.

Any applies to your case? Also, could you please provide debug logs for your 2 PCs and the name(s) of file(s) that were removed so we can track it in debug logs and find out why it happens?