Lost identity and shared folder entries

DanielWagner

Recently it happened multiple times to me on one of my devices when I fire up the local web UI it greets me by asking for my identity. After that it shows me an empty list of folders. The folders are still on my disk, but Sync doesn't know about them anymore. Interestingly general settings such as the default folder for sharing are still there.

When I then re-add those folders by re-entering the respective sharing keys (or re-adding the linked device) it creates new folders with the same name, but adding "(1)" to it to prevent a name collision.

I have not lost any data that way yet, but it is pretty annoying. Any ideas on how to fix this? I could fully re-install it if that is what it takes...

Thanks, Daniel

Is it a linux computer or a NAS, or Windows Service? Most likely it's a linux, right? 

the thing is that when you start Sync, it uses a new storage folder (the .sync folder where all settings are stored). Sync creates a storage in current directory (your pwd), or uses one from a config (if it's launched with a config). 

So for you, check out for multiple storages across your desktop, and point the binary to the old storage either with --storage /path argument, or using config