License vs. Seat vs. Identity

milleri

I'm a Sync Pro user and I'm interesting in adding more people to my shares, with permissions varying from person to person.  I'm a bit confused about the difference between a license, a seat, and an identity and therefore what I have to buy for each person.  Can you please clarify?  Thanks in advance and regards, imm

Identity - is a Sync instance that has its own certificate which is used to give and get access to the shares. By certificate peers verify if that sync instance can be trusted and if it has access to a share. An identity can have a few devices linked. 
License - well, actually a licensed key to get access to Pro features. License can have a few seats (Sync Pro for individuals has only 1 seat). 
Seat -  is a license part that can give Pro status to an identity. 1 seat per 1 identity. Sync Pro for individuals can be applied on up to 10 identities even though it has only 1 seat. 

I bought and applied a perpetual Sync Pro for Individuals license, but I don't see how this figures into Identities.  There's also mention of an Owner and a User, not to mention Peers and Devices.  What is an Owner?  How are User's created and managed?  What's a peer and a device?  I have to say, this is very confusing.

Please contact support, mention your license ID, and send the screenshots illustrating what is confusing you. 

Owner (where do you see it? in license details?) - is the license owner - the identity who has applied the license.
Users -a re license users. Those  identities with who you've shared the seats. See it all described here . 
And assuming that you see Owner and Users in your License details, I suspect that you've purchased Sync license for Workgroups, not Sync for individuals. 

Peers - are devices that are connected to the share. 
devices - are actually physical devices.