[Solved] Sync showing 0 KB folder size on linux

zwoggel

Hello everybody,

I'm having a weird issue on my newly installed Openmediavault NAS with Resilio Sync.

Here is what I did:

I use the latest OMV 3.0 Beta as a base and installed Sync via APT from the official repository.

Then I had to change the UID of the rslsync user in order to make it visible in the OMV webui. From there I was able to grant read/write acces to the share. 

Because of the UID change the ownership for /var/lib/resilio-sync was lost, so I fixed it with a chwon command. From that point on Sync was working.

I added two folders to Sync, modified the IgnoreList to my needs and everything seemed fine.

But because of some network modifications I had to restart the machine a few times and when I checked the Sync webui, both folders where showing a size of 0 KB. I removed and replaced the IgnoreList file, instantly a rescan was triggered and the size was correct again. Then I issued a "systemctl restart resilio-sync", after that the size was 0 KB again. It seemd to reset every time the service is restarted.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction to fix that? I'm not much of an Linux expert but I usually find my way around :)

Much thanks in advance!

what's inside Ignorelist? if it's default, it shall not cause the problem, unless of course all your files fall into ignorable filter. 

Check with "ps aux | grep sync" how many sync processes you have: check that you don't have two.
How big your share is and where is it physically located (its path?) . 

The IgnoreList is not default, I added some file extensions but there are still files in the folders that are not ignored.

My guess is that its only a display error. As soon as I added a client to sync with my server, the correct size was displayed again and the sync is also working.

"ps aux | grep sync" shows the following:

rslsync   7126  0.3  6.4 711352 225580 ?       Ssl  Jan29   4:15 /usr/bin/rslsync --config /etc/resilio-sync/config.json

root     26465  0.0  0.0  12728  2156 pts/0    S+   18:34   0:00 grep sync

Only one process is running.

The folders are located in "/media/132f2eaf-8ea0-4a5f-8942-aee3918095ac/TV/" . There are several subfolders, each is added to Sync separately. 

It's a software RAID1 consisting of two 1TB drives formatted with btrfs (I used the OMV webui for that)

So, long story short: Everything is actually working, but the display is messed up somehow.

Do you see "indexing" in status ? I suppose Sync just starts reindexing the folder from scratch. 
to verify that, and if you wish to continue debugging, please reproduce the issue, give it some 10 minutes and send the debug log to support. They will be located in /var/lib/resilio-sync, files sync.log and all sync.log.zip/