Quick sanity check on R/O share, please!

I've had the old btsync chugging away on my old server for years, but now that it's updated, I've of coursed moved to your new product! I just wanted a quick sanity check on my setup, because I don't have my old configuration handy to compare. It's very straightforward- I just want a one-way sync from my phone to the server, as a backup. I've got the share properly configured (RW on the phone, RO on the server) and it's working fine.

However, there's the option "Overwrite any changed files" in the share preferences, and I'm not confident of its function. My intention is for the server to be a completely RO medium: files deleted from the phone should not cause those files to be deleted from the server. The server will never change the files in the RO share anyway, unless something bad happens, so if the RW peer stomps on that, it's fine. Should I leave this option unchecked? 

>files deleted from the phone should not cause those files to be deleted from the server
This is possible only if you use "backup" option in Sync one phone. If you just add a regular share and send the RO key/link to desktop, file deletion will be synced phone->server. 

>Should I leave this option unchecked? 
Up to you to decide. See here to learn what this option does exactly and decide if you need it