Decrypt files manually per app

DevKnight

Hi,

i use the encrypted folders for my archive on a vm (cloudhoster) and will create a litte app (c#) to decrypt a file or folder manually. The secrets keys are available for me and the app is only a fallback solution, if i need the files very quick and will not depend on a sync installation (download from cloud to client over sync). 

The plan is, that i can decrypt the files/folder on the vm to get a very quick access. 

I read this blogpost https://www.resilio.com/blog/understanding-the-sync-encrypted-folder

"When an Encrypted peer talks with a clear-text (RO and RW) peer, they establish an encrypted AES-128 channel using a Session Key, but the clear-text peer additionally encrypts data with an AES-128 Storage Key before transmission."

Question: What Is this Storage Key and how can i get it? I have access to alle secrets/keys for the folder.

Thanks for Hints/Help.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@RomanZ Any Timeline on close future? Because I have a FreeNAS-Server with ZFS and the resilio plugin. The Server can jump in time via ZFS-Snapshorts. So if I have to recover a year old file - I can jump. But Resilio breaks :-(((. If it is not enc that is no problem. I disable resilio - jump - take the files and jump back. But if encrypted I can jump - but than I only get gibberish. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...