Selective sync new folders

justusiv

I bought pro to use the feature selective sync. I wanted to turn few sub folders off on my root folder that i sync. However the problem now is that when new folders are created in the root they are not syncing. The default behavior appears to be not sync however i would like new folders to autosync. Is there a solution to my issue?

what you mean with "turn few sub folders off "? 

if you selected a subfolderA to be synced, new files inside it will be synced automatically. But how you expect it to have effect on other subfolders outside that subfolderA? it won't. 

Is it your post? 

Maybe im wanting selective sync to be a feature it is not.

I have a root share but i wanted to turn off syncing of a few folders withing the root. However the side effect is newly created items are not synced automatically. 

For example lets say i have a sync of the folder root with sub folders of folder1, folder2, folder3, folder4. I wanted to turn off syncing of folders 1 and 3, and i wanted a newly created folder5 to be synced the second its created. The current action is folder5 is not synced.

what you mean with "turn few sub folders off "?  

If you don't want subfolder1, subfolder2, subfolder3, subfolder4 to sync, you need to enable Selective Sync for the share. But in this case it's expected that subfolder5 also won't sync automatically - Selective Sync is ENABLED. You need to click on subfolder5 and select to download it.