Sync between drives? Distributed storage?

SinusPi

I'm looking at Resilio as a solution for a peculiar problem I'm trying to solve. It boils down to two main points:

1. My data is stored on several devices AND/OR external USB drives. I need to sync not only devices, but HDDs and USB drives. Ideally, it shouldn't matter which of my devices i plug the drives into, for a proper synchronization to happen.

2. My data size is larger than any of the individual devices and drives - they need to be populated in a clever manner, to ensure that data is stored at least on 2 different devices/drives.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to know which storage devices a particular file is on, if it's not immediately available, and maybe be warned if a particular newly added file hasn't had time to be distributed into the storage and still exists in only one copy.

So... Does Resilio offer such features? Or can they somehow be scripted in, as I see there's some automation possible..?

So i dug deeper into the FAQ and, alas, I see that USB drive sync is out of the question. But... I wonder. Wouldn't it be possible to run two RS instances on one machine, each serving a different copy of the data set, behaving like two separate devices? They could well ignore the fact that they're on the same physical box; each would have a folder and files to take care of, each would see the other as another device to sync with...